The 2015 Iowa City 3D Technologies Symposium was an afternoon conference consisting of presentations by University of Iowa and Iowa City community members working with 3D technologies. The event ran from 1:30 to 4:00 PM on February 3, 2015. View the program schedule below for more details.
Video recordings of the event presentations will be posted here when they become available. Visit our contact page to connect with us and be notified when the videos become available.
This year’s event was held in room 2520D of the University Capitol Center. Room 2520D is located on the 2nd floor of the Old Capitol Mall just north of the food court atrium overlook.
A SCIT Sponsored Event
This is part of an ongoing series of events sponsored by the SCIT community at the University of Iowa. The UI Support Community for Instructional Technology (SCIT) seeks to provide a venue for ongoing engagement, communication and collaboration. Learn More…
The 2015 Iowa City 3D Technologies Symposium is an afternoon conference consisting of presentations by University of Iowa and Iowa City community members working with 3D technologies. The event runs from 1:30 to 4:00 PM on February 3, 2015.
1:00 PM – 1:30 PM, Event Setup
- Early arrivals can enjoy an informal meet and greet.
- Refreshments and light snacks will be provided.
1:30 PM – 2:00 PM, 3D Printing Services at Studio Arts
- Chuck Romans is a 3D Design Graduate in the School of Art & Art History at the University of Iowa. He will be presenting on the 3D Printing Services at Studio Arts, and also sharing about his experiences as a grad student.
- “As a student in the 3D Design Program, I will talk about how I used 3D printing to create the products I have designed in the program, along with my business start-up (3DMad Digital Design) to design and create items for clients.”
2:00 PM – 2:30 PM, 3D Printing + Product Design at Studio Arts
- Monica Correia is an Associate Professor of 3D Design and Interim Dimensional Practice Head in the School of Art & Art History at the University of Iowa. She will be presenting on 3D Printing and Product Design.
2:30 PM – 3:00 PM, High Resolution 3D Scanning
- Bounnak Thammavong is an engineering and art consultant working in the 3D Design and Manufacturing group at M.C. Ginsberg in Iowa City. Using the CREAFORM Handyscan3D EXAscan, Bounnak will give a 3D scanning demonstration using a face portrait, and one artifact like object.
3:00 PM – 3:30 PM, Autodesk MeshMixer
- Bounnak Thammavong is an engineering and art consultant working in the 3D Design and Manufacturing group at M.C. Ginsberg in Iowa City. Bounnak will give a demonstration of Autodesk MeshMixer.
3:30 PM – 4:00 PM, Iowa City S.T.E.A.M. Room Fab Lab
- Kirk Cheyney of the Iowa City S.T.E.A.M. Room Fab Lab will be presenting about the equipment and future growth for the facility.